Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Road Trip Case

I finished the Road Trip Case last night.  I figured out the pleated pockets without too much fuss.  What really ended up being challenging was attaching the double founded bias binding.  It didn't help that my cover fabric was extremely thick and vinyl isn't forgiving at all when you've already sewed through it.  I was mad at myself that it was so difficult for me!  Previously, I have attached binding to three other cases a lot like this, with no problem!!! 


Anyway, I used all stash fabrics- a little Washi, Summersville, Comma, Architextures (binding), and the blue bird fabric is something random from Japan.  Lots of bright fabrics, which was my plan for entering it into this month's Le Challenge.


Unfortunately, it's a little small for the project I had in mind to use with it but my daughter has been carrying it around all day- so maybe I will let her keep it.  It is a really great project and well written pattern for sure.  I think I may try those "divided baskets" (also by Anna of Noodlehead) hopefully in time for Easter.  Wish me luck.  

 photo LeChalleng


7 comments:

Mara said...

Those are wonderful bright colors, loving the binding too bad it was a pain, but it looks good.

Lucy @ Charm About You said...

Brilliant! Great mix of fabrics. I made a divided basket and it was easier than I thought! Thanks for linking to le challenge!

DeborahGun said...

Love the blue Japanese fabric especially.

MalinisQuilts said...

This is a cute project! Love the fabrics you choose.

Oh those divided baskets look awesome! Can't wait to see yours!

Nat at Made in Home said...

Great project, thanks for sharing on le challenge.

Keera Job - live.love.sew pattern co. said...

Oh I've wanted to make something like this for so long now! Thanks for sharing!

Indigo Blue said...

Lovely fabric combination.