It was super windy yesterday, but we made the best of it:
I thought it was fun to choose bright, girly fabrics for this pattern because so many people make this quilt for boys and choose limited and more subdued palettes. I wanted to do something a little different and knew the gray background would make it all pop.
This project was begun in earnest at the February FRMQG retreat and I let it sit for a while after that. I finished it in time to bring to Laurena's Longarm Quilting business this summer and rented a Statler Stitcher to quilt the rose pattern all over the quilt.
I decided to use some voile from my stash from the backing. Laurena told me she would be concerned about the longevity of an apparel fabric on the back, which sent me into a minor panic, but I went with it anyway. Very few of our quilts get constant use, so I hope we will be okay in the long term.
I did hand binding with an AMH Honor Roll print and came home to Colorado with a completed quilt. It felt so good! I really haven't done a lot of quilting lately and it felt great to have a WIP off of my "list."
I am entering this quilt into the "Large Quilts" category since it's approximately 304" around. It's a generous twin sized quilt that has been nice for couch time relaxing... I am sure it will make an appearance in my daughter's room one day too. Thanks for visiting.