I made an Art Student Tote (pattern by Anna Maria Horner) for me. I started this as a project to do with a friend on Labor Day. I got around to finishing it this week.
I made a few modifications of my own: lots of interfacing within the interior and exterior bag pieces, I wrapped the strap fabric around nylon webbing instead of using interfacing, I added an interior zipper pocket, and I added a gusset with a zipper just inside of the bag.
I've made this bag before and I really remember feeling much happier with my first version. I'm trying to figure out what the difference is. One thing that might improve this bag is top-stitching around the top- I didn't have the right color of coordinating thread, but will be sure to pick some up soon. The top edge is just looking so sloppy.
Here's a picture of the back of the bag. How I love these pretty feathers!
The interior of the bag was made from some of my AMH stash fabrics- they coordinated quite well without looking too matchy-matchy.
Admittedly, this project is leaving me feeling a bit dejected. Maybe I am just tired, I don't know. I just don't love it like I loved the first Art Student tote I made. I don't understand the big difference. I am eager to return to some quilt WIP's now- something a little more "2D" is what I am craving.
Linking up to Crazy Mom Quilts Finish it up Friday.