Here's another dress I made for my daughter this week. Shocker. I know. All of my blog readers that are strictly quilters may be gone by now. Of course, interests, time demands, and needs change.
I bought this pattern, the Betty Lou dress, during a great Black Friday sale. For less than $5, I got a bargain! I was a little nervous to try a PDF pattern that was just under 50 pages, but as you can see, it worked out:
I did find this to be a challenging sew but not enough for me to never return to the pattern again. Gathering the ruffles was very tedious and the bodice ruffle took me at least a full hour. I also struggled with the instructions - it wasn't the clear, concise format I've been used to.
I purchased the fabric from an after Christmas sale at $5 a yard. That kind of price was perfect for a project like this, especially when I thought I needed 1.5 yards of each fabric. (It turned out I needed a bit less of each, as I have some leftover fabric besides scraps).
Stash used in this post: 2.5 yards
Stash used since January 1, 2016: 3 yards
Stash used to date: 5.5 yards
Thanks for reading! I am going to sew another dress this week but I've also started a brand new quilt. I'll check back in soon.
Linking to Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday.