This pattern was created from a block I found in Quilty magazine. I understand that it is a traditional block design that has been around for a while but I like the updated look it has with the fun fabrics. I paper pieced the four corner units of each block to save time and achieve better accuracy.
I quilted the top on a Gammill Statler Stitcher, choosing a circular pattern with a pink thread that matched the Kona Peony sashing.
I used a big chunk of Michael Miller "Candy Stripe" from my stash that I've had for about eight years. As I've said on this blog before, my early foray into modern fabrics involved a lot of rainbow prints that I now find difficult to use. Knocking out six+ yards of this stash fabric felt so good! I bound the quilt in a rainbow dotty print.
Linking up with Amy's Creative Side for the Blogger's Quilt Festival in the Scrappy Category:
Total stash fabric used in this post: 7 yards
Total stash fabric used since 1/1/15: 43 yards
Total stash fabric used to date: 50 yards