I did some English paper piecing and made some Hexie flowers out of leftovers from making this pillow. These will be a fun addition to my do-your-own sample project that I am anxious to put together.
I have also been making tulips for the dyo sampler quilt, using a free pattern found here. I made the leaves quickly with that software I blogged about here.
This week, I have also been chipping away at a new diaper bag. It's become a tradition for me to make a new one for each baby- a little treat to myself. I am using Sarah Lawson's Aragon bag pattern and several stash fabrics. There were 43 pieces to cut out- including pieces from 3 different fabrics, interfacing, and the alternative to Soft and Stable- automotive headliner fabric. Bag making almost always requires a cutting marathon.
Thanks for reading! I will be back tomorrow with a big finish that I am very proud of!