Friday, June 27, 2014

Custom Baby Girl Quilt Finished

It's finished!  Such a fun quilt to make for a friend.  I dug into all of my cute zoo/animal prints and had a bit of a hunt for the Alexander Henry 2D Zoo fabric.  It measures about 41" square.  I was very careful to line everything up; when I attached the rows, it doesn't come in a way that seams match each other and I was afraid it was going to get wonky if I wasn't careful.  


I thought I was hoarding when I bought 2 yards of the 2D Zoo, and I felt sheepish when I only used a 4.5" strip for the front.  But soon enough, I was glad I had a fun print big enough for the back of the quilt.


I used a simple honeycomb print from a long ago trip to Marden's.  I really was tempted to do a colorful stripe as binding, but decided it would be way too busy on the back.


Receiving this custom order was a real boost and now I am going to take a little sewing break to complete a somewhat dreaded task: updating the family photo albums.  Wish me luck!  Linking up with Finish it up Friday.

4 comments:

Mandy Baker said...

I like how you made the rows with like prints and the columns with like colors - very clever!

MalinisQuilts said...

Wow! this is just awesome! The colors really shine and the animals are nicely framed.

I love the print you used for the backing!

Emmajane said...

I really like this! Whoever receives this is a lucky baby!

Caitlin and Jared said...

That is adorable! So impressive!