It's finished! Such a fun quilt to make for a friend. I dug into all of my cute zoo/animal prints and had a bit of a hunt for the Alexander Henry 2D Zoo fabric. It measures about 41" square. I was very careful to line everything up; when I attached the rows, it doesn't come in a way that seams match each other and I was afraid it was going to get wonky if I wasn't careful.
I thought I was hoarding when I bought 2 yards of the 2D Zoo, and I felt sheepish when I only used a 4.5" strip for the front. But soon enough, I was glad I had a fun print big enough for the back of the quilt.
I used a simple honeycomb print from a long ago trip to Marden's. I really was tempted to do a colorful stripe as binding, but decided it would be way too busy on the back.
Receiving this custom order was a real boost and now I am going to take a little sewing break to complete a somewhat dreaded task: updating the family photo albums. Wish me luck! Linking up with Finish it up Friday.