Thanks for all of the love on the Super Kids quilts my friends. I really appreciate it.
It was a little torturous, but I finally finished this CRAZY BIG "Crackle" top. I cut the fabrics in March but didn't begin sewing them until May. I had a lot of other projects demand a higher priority and the pieces from this project have been haunting me as I sewed other things.
There are 132 blocks in this top. The worst was when I was putting together the last row and I realized that I was four blocks short. Or maybe the worst was when, after assembling the whole top- borders and everything, and I realized that an end row needed to be flipped. But then again, I wasn't that thrilled to see how teenage-ish this thing looks. It didn't seem so "young" until I actually started assembling the rows. I actually feel pretty silly that it's actually king size (100x110)- I know I had planned for queen size but I guess I goofed.
Seeing it held up at a distance, like the picture above actually makes me feel better about the whole thing. I really tried to choose light and dark fabrics instead of predomininantly "medium" value that so many of my fabrics are. I think I achieved the contrast and look I was aiming for.
I will definitely be long-arming this as soon as I can save some pennies and schedule the time!