I have been waiting for two slow online orders to arrive in order to continue my work on some recent wips. In the meantime, I did something that I don't usually do: tackle a project way before the deadline.
I made my project for the BMQG Madrona Road challenge. Michael Miller fabrics generously sent our guild two yards of 7 different Madrona Road prints - they were divided among 14 guild members who signed up. We were allowed to make anything we wanted so long as we didn't add any other prints. I love the "Manhattan Purse" pattern - I think I have used it at least 7 times now - examples are here, here, and here.
Here they are together, with their matching "pocket clutches" that I couldn't resist making:
I also went ahead and finally organized my scraps. Previously, I had stored them at my parent's house (long story short: we are quickly growing out of our apartment with the addition of the baby - an issue we hope to remedy soon!) but found that I always needed them for something. It's such a pain to cut a chunk out of yardage when you only need a little piece for a project.... now they are sorted by color in tupperware-like containers arranged in the changing table (you've got to be creative when space is limited - beforehand, those shelves were mostly empty with a outgrown outfits lying on them.)