Monday, June 04, 2012


I think it has been at least a year since I cut strips for this quilt and now the top is finally done.  It's nothing but simple patchwork squares (5.5" unfinished) done in a strip piecing method. 
 The top measures 85 x 100.  I had a TON of squares left, so I made a pieced backing that I will post about shortly.  I plan to long-arm this when I have the opportunity to leave my baby with my husband.
I am so glad that I included that Ty Pennington "Asian Floral" print (the one with the white flowers on the very dark grey background).  I often get scared to put dark fabrics into my quilts like this - but it really helps the composition of the quilt.  It makes me think about using more black and dark fabrics in my quilts in the future.


Jen said...

Looks awesome Laurie. I really like the dark fabric mixed in too. It really adds a lot of interest.

alidiza said...

Beautiful and the dark adds a little pop: )

Rosa said...

Awesome and the dark fabrics on it is fantastic!