Monday, June 04, 2012


I think it has been at least a year since I cut strips for this quilt and now the top is finally done.  It's nothing but simple patchwork squares (5.5" unfinished) done in a strip piecing method. 
 The top measures 85 x 100.  I had a TON of squares left, so I made a pieced backing that I will post about shortly.  I plan to long-arm this when I have the opportunity to leave my baby with my husband.
I am so glad that I included that Ty Pennington "Asian Floral" print (the one with the white flowers on the very dark grey background).  I often get scared to put dark fabrics into my quilts like this - but it really helps the composition of the quilt.  It makes me think about using more black and dark fabrics in my quilts in the future.