Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Block Party

Sorry for the repeat of a project - but this is the baby I have been working on lately. Over the weekend I managed to sew up the reamining 13 dresden plates but have only appliqued one onto a background square. This block was created by using Darlene Zimmerman's Easy Dresden ruler, a compass to create the 7" circle template, and I used Anna Maria Horner's "super circle technique" to apply the circle onto the plate/background. All 30 dresden plates are done now! It was no small task! At first, I was taking a digital picture of the layout of the fans and then sewing it together exactly as I had had it layed out. It wasn't long before I realized that I needed to do this more quickly and I just randomly chained pieced the units together in groups of five.

I am entering this block into the Block Party contest. Wish me luck!


Monet said...

Looks great, L! Love it!

Quiltstory said...

love the heart! Thanks for linking up to our block party!