Having recently counted 11 unquilted quilt tops, I knew it was time to face my fear of free motion quilting and finally try it out. Shortly after finishing the 9 Patch Lattice quilt, I completed the pieced back and cut out a piece of batting. I found it in a wrinkled mess in the corner of my bedroom and brought it to a sewing activity at my church. I had quite the audience as I was taping the backing and batting to the floor in order to baste it.
I've spent the time during Gregory's naps to stipple the quilt and so far, for a beginner, it is going really well! I am so excited! Now I have hope that I might be able to finish my quilts after all and not have to wait until I can take a long arm quilting class. I will show you the finished project! Meanwhile, I have requested bunches of sewing books from my public library. These books are so fun to thumb through and look at. I don't feel the need to own tons of these books and the library is a perfect alternative to buying them. I have some pattern tracing paper I am going to use soon in order to make some of the best projects in these books.